Constantly washing your hands can dry out your skin!
During these unprecedented times, we are being frequently reminded (and rightly so!) to wash our hands with soap and water, and to disinfect with alcohol-based hand sanitisers. Washing your hands is one of the most effective ways to slow the spread of COVID-19 and keep it at bay from our homes and families.
However, the overuse of soaps and constant washing may exacerbate skin conditions by stripping the proteins in your top layer of skin (epidermis) and possibly drying out your skin or, worst case, creating infections. Thankfully, simply by moisturising your hands and skin, you can help prevent this. And what better way to do this than to use Mater Baby Moisturiser! Clinical data recommends just waiting 30 seconds after washing and drying hands before moisturising.
Mater Baby Moisturiser rehydrates your skin by creating a barrier to retain moisture to reduce cracked, flaky skin or peeling cuticles! Our hospital-developed, Australian Made Mater Baby Moisturiser is extra mild and is free from any nasty ingredients. It’s also perfect for even the most sensitive newborn skin. There’s nothing like soft skin and, with frequent use, moisturiser can even make your skin look more youthful over time!
So how should we be washing our hands at any time but particularly during a viral pandemic?:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water (for at least 30 seconds), especially if you have been out in public or after coughing and sneezing.
- Dry your hands thoroughly, as germs can spread more easily when your hands are wet.
- If you can’t access any soap and water then hand sanitiser or wet wipes are your next best option. After using hand sanitiser and wet wipes remember to wait at least 30 seconds before using moisturiser so that your hands can thoroughly dry.
- Apply a small amount of Mater Baby Moisturiser and rub into your skin.
- Avoid touching your face and make sure you always wash your hands after you’ve been out in public.
Mater Baby Moisturiser is best paired with Mater Baby Wash, the perfect duo for not just your bub but for you and your family too. Use of both products will help to provide long lasting protection from dryness and leave your skin feeling softer – one less worry in these challenging times.
Buy our products online, or at selected Woolworths and pharmacies, find your nearest location here!
Image Credit: @this_is_aussielife Instagram, (https://www.instagram.com/p/B9RQijll5U7/)